About WEEE Recycle › Goals & Objectives
- To institutionalize a collection system and channelization of
e-waste for recycling using environmentally sound technologies
involving SMEs in the informal sector.
- Improved living standards in urban centres in India and support
the implementation of National Environment Policy which specifies
the 3R and Polluter Pays Principle with a clear role for the involvement
of the informal sector in waste management.
- To reduce the pollution due to recycling of e-waste in the unorganized
sector in four urban areas by encouraging environmentally sound
recycling through a collective effort of all the relevant stakeholders
in the value chain.
- To involve the informal sector SMEs in the e-waste channel and
to streamline these activities.
- To create a substantive expertise in the country which would
be able to take the project’s activities forward in other
- To develop and improve the technology for e-waste management
and recycling in the informal as well as the formal sector and
also contribute to the standardization of process and product.